Each year, the women of St. Francis in the Fields take a few days away to rest, relax, and recharge. We invite a speaker to communicate God's truth and Good News to us, taking time apart from the bustle of everyday life to hear the Gospel in fresh, new ways. Don’t forget to invite your girlfriends and family members!
Keep your eyes on this space for information about the 2019 Women's Retreat!
The 2018 Women's Retreat took place on June 1-3. The cost was $185 per person for a double (shared) occupancy and $195 for single rooms. The event was held on the beautiful grounds of the Nazareth Retreat Center just north of Bardstown, Kentucky. Last year's speaker was blogger and author Rev. Anne Kennedy (find her bio below). Our theme for the retreat was "How Jesus Finished the Work of the Proverbs 31 Woman So You Don't Have To".
Sample Women’s Retreat Itinerary:
Friday, June 1
- 2:30 pm-- committee members arrive
- 4 pm-- attendees arrive
- 4:45 pm-- optional vespers at St. Vincent Church
- 5:15 pm-- dinner
- 6:30 pm-- evening prayer, music
- 7-8 pm-- Opening talk, Rev. Anne Kennedy
- 8pm--“Games, goodies, and gab”
Saturday, June 2
- 7:30-8:30 am-- breakfast
- 9-10 am-- music and morning talk, Rev. Anne Kennedy
- 10-10:40 am-- coffee break, small discussion groups
- 10:50 am-- mass at historic St. Vincent Church and/or private prayer
- 12:30 pm-- lunch
- 1-5 pm-- free time
Craftivities and Coloring
Church tour/Walk the grounds
Yoga-- Lindsay Leyton has agreed to lead our session at 3 pm
Downtown meandering, Bullitt’s Winery reservation at 3 pm
- 5:15 pm-- dinner
- 6:15-- music, evening talk, Rev. Anne Kennedy
- 8 pm-9:30-- Nightcap on the town? More Games?
Sunday, June 3
- 7:30-8:30 am breakfast
- 9-10 am-- morning prayer, music, and communion-- no homily/talk
- 10-11 am-- pack up and depart
2018 Guest Speaker: Rev. Anne Kennedy
Anne Kennedy lives in upstate New York, where she mothers her six young children and helps her husband keep body and soul together in the pastoring of a small Anglican church. Having grown up in French-speaking West Africa and traveled all over the world, she is constantly surprised to wake up every morning in her gently-fading small American town which, even after fifteen years, still feels like the end of the world.
Anne has a B.A. from Cornell University and an M.Div. from Virginia Theological Seminary. She writes reams at preventingrace.com, where she blogs practically every day, and her book, Nailed It: 365 Sarcastic Devotionals for Angry and Worn-out People, is available on Amazon.
If you have any questions about this event please contact the church office. You can reach us by phone (502-228-1176) or email.
If you need scholarship assistance please contact the Rev. Nick Lannon by email or by phone 502-228-1176 ext. 2981.