Each year, St. Francis in the Fields sends a mission team to Guatemala to do a project in conjunction with Porch de Salomon.
Porch de Salomon is a unique and progressive non-profit ministry which, since 2005, has loved, served, and encouraged “the lost, the least, and the last” (and others!) of Guatemala’s Lake Atitlan basin by:
- Hosting short-term mission teams: indigenous home construction (82 quality houses built!), community building, construction, medical/dental/vision/audiology clinics, and relation building
- Providing high-impact, year-round, humanitarian relief to indigenous people: food, clean water, infant relief, medicine, school scholarships, substance abuse recovery, counseling, and more
- Operating Solomon’s Porch café/worship gathering
- Live music outreach, community service, and creative partnering in Panajachel’s “hippie” and expatriate communities
- Encouraging high-impact spiritual growth in individuals and congregations throughtheir involvement in Porch’s work in Guatemala.
If you are looking for an experience or relationship that will challenge you, help start or stretch your faith, and draw you into something bigger than yourself, we welcome you to be a part of what God is doing through St. Francis in the Fields' Guatemala Mission with Porch de Salomon.
2017 Mission to Guatemala
We are excited to announce that St Francis is putting together a team for our third mission trip to Guatemala.
The leadership of St. Francis has approved a monthly stipend for the ongoing humanitarian ministry of The Porch. The next step is for the people of St. Francis to create a fund for the purpose of building more houses for the poor there. A simple house in Guatemala costs around $6500. Our vision for St. Francis is to build at least one house every year. As part of the plan we will send teams of people to Panajachel for a short term mission trip where some folks would work on “our” house and others would minister in other areas of service.
There is no construction skill required; just a willing heart to reach out to people who have far less than we do. We are looking for men and women who would like to be a blessing to others. Please consider taking this leap of faith.