Each year, St. Francis in the Fields sends a mission team to Guatemala to do a project in conjunction with Porch de Salomon.
Porch de Salomon is a unique and progressive non-profit ministry which, since 2005, has loved, served, and encouraged “the lost, the least, and the last” (and others!) of Guatemala’s Lake Atitlan basin by:
- Hosting short-term mission teams: indigenous home construction (82 quality houses built!), community building, construction, medical/dental/vision/audiology clinics, and relation building
- Providing high-impact, year-round, humanitarian relief to indigenous people: food, clean water, infant relief, medicine, school scholarships, substance abuse recovery, counseling, and more
- Operating Solomon’s Porch café/worship gathering
- Live music outreach, community service, and creative partnering in Panajachel’s “hippie” and expatriate communities
- Encouraging high-impact spiritual growth in individuals and congregations throughtheir involvement in Porch’s work in Guatemala.
If you are looking for an experience or relationship that will challenge you, help start or stretch your faith, and draw you into something bigger than yourself, we welcome you to be a part of what God is doing through St. Francis in the Fields' Guatemala Mission with Porch de Salomon.
St. Francis has committed to build a house each year for an indigent family in Guatemala. A simple house in Guatemala costs around $6500. You can be a part of this outreach ministry by participating in the mission trip regardless of age. You may also give financially toward the $6500 cost of the house. You can also pray for the team as it is formed and that God would equip them to serve. As anyone who has gone on this trip the past two years will tell you, you will receive far more than you give. The total cost of the trip is about $1600 per person. There is no construction skill required; just a willing heart to reach out to people who have far less than we do. We are looking for men and women who would like to be a blessing to others. Please consider taking this leap of faith.
If God is speaking to your heart about being a part of the 2018 mission trip to Guatemala, please contact Sloane Graff (502-821-3605), Bob Burdette (502-445-1313) or Bob Coon (502-909-2313).