Welcome to St. Francis in the Fields! Attending a new church can be intimidating and confusing. We want to make your transition as smooth as possible. Following is some information we think you’ll find helpful. If you have any questions about any of our programs, please feel free to contact the parish office at 502-228-1176.
The Exploration Class - This class is for anyone who is desiring a deeper understanding of their place in the Christian faith and specifically here at St. Francis in the Fields. We will explore topics that emanate from big questions like: “What does this church believe and teach? or “Is this the right church for me and my family?” We’ll also talk about questions of curiosity like: “Why do the clergy wear robes?” or “Why do we do the things we do in worship?”
The class is meant for anyone. Whether you are new to the Anglican tradition or you are a life-long Episcopalian, you will be energized by a new or renewed appreciation for the core values that we hold dear in this community of faith. The format will include some instruction along with interaction and discussion. Come with your questions, your viewpoints and your energy to share in the life of this parish and to meet people whom you may not already know. For more information on the Exploration Class click HERE.
As you worship with us and come to know others in the church, you’ll want to grow further in your faith. Along with worship, we provide tools and encouragement for Christian formation.
- At Tuesday Bible Study we offer in-depth exploration of theological matters, and practical application of faith to common life experiences.
- On Wednesday Nights, we have adult (as well and child and youth) education opportunities.
- Our Advent and Lent Speaking series offers a chance to examine your faith at a deeper level, welcoming world-renowned speakers to St. Francis.
- Small Group Ministry opportunities are available for discussion of matters of faith within the context of a steady and mutually accountable group of friends.
- Find a Place to Serve!
- Once you feel connected at St. Francis, you will want to consider how God may be calling you to fulfill a purpose inside or outside the church.
- Spiritual Gifts Assessments are available to help you understand your God-given gifts and discover ways to serve others.
- Our Volunteer Ministry is the place to find an ideal match for your spiritual and practical gifts. Our volunteer coordinator will help you find the most appropriate volunteer path while respecting your schedule and needs.
- Outreach Ministries at St. Francis offer wide-ranging opportunities to serve beyond the parish. Options include short-term mission trips to David, Kentucky or The Dominican Republic, as well as ministry in the wider metro community.